Mafia Wars from a Player's Perspective

Mafia Wars from a Player's Perspective

UnlockedMW for Mafia Wars is recommended by Mistyfied Mafia Wars.
Mafia Wars Toolbar


Search this Mafia Wars blog by typing your keywords below:

Friday, September 16, 2011

Delusions Of Digital Granduer

 
We have all experienced the relentless attacks and wall flames from a few people in this Mafia Wars game we play. We have all seen wall posts where someone or we ourselves are warned to “Back Off" or something bad is going to happen to us. Like what? My fictional health will be knocked down and I won’t be able to attack for a few rounds? I might lose 6 fictional experience points? OK, I am scared now did that help your delusion? 

~
The problem with some out in Mafia Wars is that they have this sense of superiority that  is a false sense of power. When you walk out of your house and ride that train or drive through that tough neighborhood, face it, your “Digital Mafia” is not going to save you. The braggadocio in this game is laughable at times. I have listened to people speak as though they are real Godfathers in some secret organization that will make other people’s lives miserable if they are “messed with”. Or how clans battle and bicker and pay homage to one another. Really? Come on now. IT’S A GAME. When I was growing up in Brooklyn we knew who the Made men were. You know what? These cats didn’t brag, they didn’t boast. When we walked by them they said hello and asked how the family was doing. If we were being chased by older kids from another neighborhood they made it their business to explain to those kids it is not healthy for them to do that in this neighborhood and let them go on their way.
~
I don’t mean to poke fun or to make myself seem more reasonable than the few out there that think their digital crap doesn’t stink all I am saying is that you need to step back a minute and experience your life outside of the power base the sycophants in your digital mafia have given you. We are playing a Role in a game. That is all. The power we have in the game is just that, IN THE GAME. Don’t setup your own little podcast and brag on how you’re going to take down every family out there. It’s funny, really, and disturbing that a person would assume they could induce fears from within a game and then goes ahead and announces it!  
~
I have seen long time friendships destroyed over a digital insult with the game. I have been back-stabbed and actually had a person think I was hunting him 24 seven to hack his account. The truth was once he back-stabbed me I blocked him and moved on with my life, no worries. Family rules and hierarchies are setup to enjoy the experience not to acquiesce to other peoples demands. So remember the next time you log on and grab the reigns of your digital empire cast off your delusions BE a real Don and show decency, respect and honor to your people. Be ruthless with those infringing on your digital domain, but always remember there is a bigger fish out there and worse real digital gangsters that can make your account do things that would make your mamma blush. Keep it in the game.
~
Don’t take this game so seriously either. When you do the only thing you will lose is your money trying to keep up with the bigger fish. Be patient, bide your time and one day that fish will be looking the other way and you can have your virtual revenge. Keep it light and simple. Help your friends and don’t be stingy because you think a few pixels are worth a few bucks on the black market. 

For those of you out there that will continue to act as though this game has meaning outside of its confines all I can say is they are not laughing with you…..Keep it real~BB{M}

9 comments:

  1. [MIG] Chainsaw ChesterSeptember 16, 2011 at 6:34 PM

    You state: "Don’t setup your own little podcast and brag on how you’re going to take down every family out there. It’s funny, really, and disturbing that a person would assume they could induce fears from within a game and then goes ahead and announces it!"

    I can only assume that you were talking about me. I do not have delusions of grandeur nor do I think that I am above anybody else in the game . I have been 1 of the few constant level headed godfather's that have been in the game. Having said that, I do believe that I've earned a little bit a respect being here for over 3 years and running the family for almost the same amount of time. Let's not forget the countless hours that many people including myself have spent trying to get this game to be something great.

    You know me and I know you. I don't make threats. I said I was going to have my family visit as many families as I could a game to celebrate our third year anniversary is a family. I do not think that constitutes a threat. However, this blog post is an affront against every godfather and godmother that have put blood sweat and tears into building the game. May I suggest you remove the post?

    ~ [MIG] Chainsaw Chester

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chester, You do not have your own little Podcast, you are part of a huge podcast that i happen to enjoy. There are other fiefdoms out there besides MIG and the reference was not made to you. I do know you and enjoy your banter, you don't take yourself so seriously as i have stated here in the article. besides, you are the most interesting man in the World are you not?~BB(Mike V)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh and the countless hours you and other have spent in the game, of course I respect that and the people that put the time in to help there friends play the game. My article was about those out there that believe the game to be something more than it is. So I hope you see that you and yours are not pointed out. I even state that those that hold this virtual reign of deluded power to ease off and perhaps even USE what you have posted above as an example a what do be when assuming command of a game Leader.

    ReplyDelete
  4. [MIG] Chainsaw ChesterSeptember 16, 2011 at 7:11 PM

    If you are pointing others out, man up and state whom they are.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I believe this article is relevant, and I don't see the need for censorship or removal.

    ReplyDelete
  6. No need to 'Man Up' as you so eloquently put it. This is an article of general experiences many people have had in the game and a call to those inflicting or assuming they can boss others around, make threats and make things personal to re-examine the way their approach others within the game. I work tirelessly as well to improve this game experience for others. No one is pointed out. I am sorry you assumed I was referring to you, I did not have you in mind when I wrote it. I will not remove it and I thank you for you opinion and commentary. ~Mike V

    ReplyDelete
  7. So, my guess is the MIG World Tour probably stopping by Mystified group about now?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Even though "The Digital Don" hasn't pin-pointed him Chester must be really doing that otherwise he may not have thought so.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think they are talking about people like this ~ This guy was a friend of a friend and started trash talking on my friends post about MW and my friend posted advice on how to get thru a mission. My friend pointed it out to me, my comment was if this is how a FB friend is going to talk on your wall just remove him Here are a string of emails that followed:

    Chris Wxxxx
    Your done.
    try to killme as much as you want,.. but all your friends are "mine" and half of them, love me....

    May 18Sabrina
    is that a threat?

    Chris Wxxxx
    let me tell ya this,.. i dont give afuck, whhoyo are,.. i"im deadin real life, so,. "ill get ya,.. ypou'll see maybe today,.. bitch


    This is the first person to go OTT. Because I beat a guy he called me a cheating skank, then the C word, told another friend he was going to stick him with a rusty fishing knife ...

    I think these are the kind of people Digital Don was speaking about ....

    ReplyDelete