Mafia Wars from a Player's Perspective

Mafia Wars from a Player's Perspective

UnlockedMW for Mafia Wars is recommended by Mistyfied Mafia Wars.
Mafia Wars Toolbar


Search this Mafia Wars blog by typing your keywords below:

Saturday, June 9, 2012

Bandits are from Hell


Let me be real clear about something: I HATE BANDITS.  I absolutely cannot stand them.  Now, I realise they have the capacity to be useful at certain times, and I will mention more about that, but I still hate them.  Some idiot or team of idiots at zynga decided it would be a good idea to give us one more freaking thing to deal with.  I know, the Bandits are not new, so why am I harping on them now?  Because I feel the end of Mafia Wars creeping up, and after trying to play in the newer cities with a couple of my mini accounts, I really experienced how freaking annoying these bandits can be.

I fired up a couple minis earlier, just cuz I was bored and wanted to play London with energy accounts to see how far I could get.  I didn't get far before I had bandit after bandit pop up.  Literally 3 in a row.  After 3 I was out of crew, and seeing as almost all my mafia on this mini account have quit playing mafia wars, I only got ONE click for the crew post.  I had to use other accounts to get more crew, and of course, those were also quickly used up to eliminate even more bandits.  So I gave up and logged out.

Being a veteran player, I have to wonder how these bandits impact the playing experience of young or, if they still happen, NEW accounts.  It must be somewhat challenging for younger, newer, players, or those with small mafias, to get bandits eliminated. I mean, I have gone through 7, 8, even 9 city crew quickly on many occasions. One of my fellow admins pointed out how the bandits can be useful in certain situations, and I know that.  I have utilized the XP bandit on many occasions, but on the whole, I am not sure they are really worth this small and occasional benefit.  Overall I find them annoying, and just one more detriment to the game.  Another contributing factor to the de-evolution of Mafia Wars.

If Mafia Wars is going to be saved, then Zynga has MANY radical changes that need to be made.  In my opinion, one is that zynga needs to eliminate the bandits from the game, completely.  PAC 2.0 needs to be screaming at zynga.  I hope PAC 2 is being rude, and pushy, and demanding, and relentless.

But we all need to step it up.  Customer Service ought to be inundated with constant complaints that zynga is killing the game.  Anytime you contact customer support, tell them how you feel. Ask them to pass it along to their higher ups. I always tell them the truth, that when Mafia Wars is dead, I will never play another Zynga game as long as I live.  They can kiss my ass.

{ℳ} ßrµ†µ§ =Ʀ²Ƒ=

P.S. Yes, this article was updated - as it was pointed out to me, I was unfair to PAC 2.0, and I have changed the last 2 paragraphs.
.
.

5 comments:

  1. The last paragraph was really needed as we cannot blame PAC for the actions of Zynga. Yeah but I do agree that PAC 2.0 needs to be "screaming" as I really haven't heard much about their actions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Damn skippy!!!! Well said!!! Dont players under a certain level only see a portion of Bandits,etc? Like a cap on how many/odds depending on level?

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's hard to be unfair to PAC when they're so useless.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Please don't troll the comments, if you feel PAC is useless then prove it. I know PAC has NDA holding them from talking about pretty much anything and that they themselves don't like to be known as members of PAC since they get trolled so much. If you have proof that they have not talked or suggested stuff to Zynga then prove it, else, please give them the respect they deserve as any other member of the community. Zynga uses what Zynga wishes to use and they can not control it.

    ReplyDelete