Mafia Wars from a Player's Perspective

Mafia Wars from a Player's Perspective

UnlockedMW for Mafia Wars is recommended by Mistyfied Mafia Wars.
Mafia Wars Toolbar


Search this Mafia Wars blog by typing your keywords below:

Thursday, December 29, 2011

Mafia Wars cramfest

Your news feed when you logged in today was probably your first indicator that something was going on. Well, a few somethings. My reaction was, I didn't want to even log in. I decided to go make some coffee to prepare myself first :D

Seriously??

So, in a nutshell, we haz new property, the School of Choice. Seems you can build it like normal, or purchase upgrade parts to benefit Haiti. There's a nifty little banner offering to upgrade you fully, for a mere $135.

The Countdown to Annihilation sale works pretty much like we thought it would; purchase 15 qualifying items to receive the Mortal Chromebat .22, which has stats of 109 attack and 179 defense. Certain items do not qualify toward the 15 items, so read the fine print.

Reward points for 60% off today.

The New Year's Resolution thing...the gist of it is, as I understand it, you can "vote" for one of the items every 24 hours from now until the end of the event in 6 and a half days. You get one of the item that you vote for. You can earn extra votes (and thus extra loot I assume) by completing New Year's Resolutions, challenges which can also be found from your missions bar. Or you can buy extra votes, of course. At the end of this thing, the items with the top 3 amounts of votes will receive additional mastery, so their stats will go up.

Nate and Jana will be getting my free votes, but I doubt if I'll go out of my way to complete any resolutions. I'd like to be able to play the game and concentrate just on whatever city I'm working on, instead of trying to run willy-nilly through the game to complete everything Zynga throws at me. And I'm darn sure not going to buy extra votes--although at least the cost per item is a little more reasonable than the usual marketplace loot items if you buy extra votes.

If you have the patience to make sense of all that, more power to you. I think I'm just going to go play Sims and ignore all this today.


1 comment: