Mafia Wars from a Player's Perspective

Mafia Wars from a Player's Perspective

UnlockedMW for Mafia Wars is recommended by Mistyfied Mafia Wars.
Mafia Wars Toolbar


Search this Mafia Wars blog by typing your keywords below:

Thursday, April 21, 2011

what happened to wish list items from Mystery Bags??

Yesterday, we realized that a number of things had been severely nerfed and labeled as "improvements", among them, our mystery bag rewards. Up until yesterday-ish, the frequency of wish list items dropping from mystery bags was just over 5%. As far as I can tell, they are now well under 1%. Most players are not even getting a single wish list item from opening dozens of mystery bags.

I still blame this partially on the fact that information was published about how to send unlimited Mystery Bags in such a manner that prompted a higher return rate, and therefore a higher amount of wish list items. I was well aware of the "glitch", but refrained from publishing it, and even asked one of our Feature Contributors to hold off on posting the info when I was asked about it. We've seen in the past that when a glitch or trick or exploit is published, Zynga will find some way of plugging it, and that may very well have been the case here too.

But mostly, I just blame Zynga for being an as$ about it and crippling the entire mystery bag system and calling it an "improvement". Exactly WHO is it an improvement for? I find it quite a bit more frustrating, annoying, and useless, personally. The whole thing, nerfed, over a rather benign exploit. It's not like any of us were really making out like bandits on mystery bag wish list items, let's be real.

I also noticed last night that I was unable to help on anyone's crew requests, because apparently some genius decided that joining someone's crew was the same thing as accepting a free gift. I got the message "Sorry, you cannot open any more Free Gifts today...". I'd like to know how that even makes sense.

And probably what's going to happen now is, Zynga will raise the frequency of wish list items by just a notch, and then claim they were listening to player outcry, but it's going to be a far lower rate than it used to be --- in other words, still nerfed.

3 comments:

  1. One of the Smartest Live Chat Reps So Far

    Bill : OK why can I not help my Mafia with any thing
    Michael B.: Do not worry I left the log on your account so it will still review and log your account, any issue we will have full detail on what you did to resolve this.
    Bill : I keep getting an error message saying I can not except any more free gifts
    Bill : I am not trying to except gifts
    Bill : I am trying to help out my Mafia Doing social jobs , Send them Items needed for missions etc etc
    Michael B.: Those are counted as gifts to, Bill. They reward you as a gift and do apologize. Do you recall how many you have accepted since your 24 hour timer started?
    Bill : 30 or 40 Maybe
    Bill : right now it says I have to wait 1 more hour
    Bill : So if I except too many Gifts I can Not help out my Mafia on social jobs Send them energy packs Or join there Brazil crew Etc etc
    Michael B.: Yes, and I do apologize, after the timer you should be able to, Bill.
    Bill : Who's Bright Idea was that ??
    Bill : I am Not trying to except a gift Just help out my Mafia
    Michael B.: The developers implemented this for a reason and I do apologize. Before players were accepting over the max of gifts and they have fixed that error.
    Bill : I am getting no gifts for joining there Brazil Crew or sending them an energy pack or helping on a Social Job
    Bill : I am Not getting Gifts I am trying to help Mafia
    Bill : Joining a Brazil crew is Not a Gift
    Michael B.: I understand, Bill, you are accepting these in your gift center though correct?
    Bill : Social Jobs are Jobs I get XP for doing it no gifts involved
    Bill : NO I am Not
    Bill : I am clicking them on the Face Book News Feeds
    Michael B.: So then this is posting help then correct?
    Bill : yes when My Mafia Post that they need help on social Jobs Need items for a mission or need an energy pack
    Michael B.: When Mafia post for help please note that we are experiencing some issues with this. A post can only be used so many times until an error comes up and we belive players are experiencing this. So we have a team that is running tests and trying to resolve this error and maybe possibly update it.
    Bill : here this is In the FB News Feeds right Now
    Bill : Mary Turner Withem Mary is looking for Energy Pack Mary is asking for an energy pack. 6 minutes ago via Mafia Wars · Like · · Help Mary out
    Bill : I click on it to help and get this
    Bill : You cannot accept any more Free Gifts today. You can accept more in 27 minutes
    Bill : George McGuire George needs more Brazilian Timbers. George is building a hideout in the Amazon. Send a Brazilian Timbers to help them out. 7 minutes ago via Mafia Wars · Like · · Send Brazilian Timbers
    Bill : You cannot accept any more Free Gifts today. You can accept more in 27 minutes.
    Michael B.: This error message is being looked into, Bill. Please note any help you give is a type of gift and all players have a max on gifts they can accept and a max on posting they can accept on help.
    Bill : ROFLMAO I am Not excepting a Gift
    Michael B.: Bill, again posting is another form of gifting even helping because of the Reward. It is being looked into.
    Bill : LMAO I am Getting no reward or gift for it
    Bill : Just sending my mafia what they need
    Michael B.: Anything you help on you get a reward in game. If you send me an energy pack or go in my crew for Brazil you get a reward.
    Bill : LMAO And what do I get for Social Jobs Besides XP experience points??
    Michael B.: You have a chance to get items, loyalty points, operations, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ^
    ^
    ^
    when did zynga loved us.

    ReplyDelete