Mafia Wars from a Player's Perspective

Mafia Wars from a Player's Perspective

UnlockedMW for Mafia Wars is recommended by Mistyfied Mafia Wars.
Mafia Wars Toolbar


Search this Mafia Wars blog by typing your keywords below:

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Gamers Unite: A Challenge

The debate on Gamers Unite and the infamous Snag Bar has now raged on for nearly a year. Which is really stupid, because it takes very little effort to learn the truth for yourself. That's what I did, very early on in this melee, and that's what I'm doing again.

That's right, I have the snag bar installed right now, and it's snagging away merrily. Well, actually, it hasn't snagged sh*t yet. It's not the magical tool that many people seem to think it is. But, if people want to keep trying to tell me it's stealing their stashes, I wanted to see if it's true, so I downloaded it and installed it.

The past few days have seen not only a resurgence of rumors about Gamers Unite and the snag bar, but also a new wave of people claiming that "there are posts th[a]t confirm GU DOES INDEED WORK ON MW" (an actual quote).

"GU" does not in and of itself "do" anything, so the originator of that statement has already shown a clear lack of knowledge of the topic. "Does indeed"? Orly? I must not have the same snag bar as you, because mine most definitely does not indeed.



See that? It snags for Farmville, Cafe World, Frontierville, and Cityville. No Mafia Wars.

Although, the snag bar's snagging functionality isn't quite as awesome as some people think, because it ONLY snags items that are already posted to the news feed by other players for their mafias to claim, and it's not even very efficient at that. So even if it did snag for Mafia Wars, it wouldn't be touching the secret stashes that get posted to your wall, it would only be looking for items published to the news feed for the taking.

Ugh, the things I do for the sake of staying informed! I even unblocked Farmville, Cityville, Cafe World, and Frontierville in order to take a fresh look at what the snag bar's capabilities are, and so I'm flooded with requests from those games, lol.

So, as I sit here actually running the snag bar, I'm telling you, you're wrong.

My challenge to you is, if you're certain that it steals stashes, where is your proof? I want to see it.

mistyfiedmafiawars@gmail.com

9 comments:

  1. Couldn't have put it better myself. Shall be sharing for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. U go girl, a year ago i tried 'splaining it to a few mafia members that i would diagnose as paranoid schiziphrenics, but it is just easier to delete that type and use them as targets, as they can't, and never will "get" it =P

    ReplyDelete
  3. I chatted with a rep from Zanga and they told me no it does not work in mafia wars so I believe them. I don't have it and don't care who does. The secret stash issue is a glitch and it is a known issue they can't find a fix for period. GU does not work in mafia wars period.

    ReplyDelete
  4. May I say something here? The snag bar and gamers unite do NOT steal your stashes. What is stealing your stashes is ZYNGA and their incompetent devs who WILL NOT FIX a problem they've known about for years. It's the same as getting those stupid Error messages when you go to collect your gifts. AlthoughI use NEITHER, I can tell you what the snag bar does (as I have used a similar thing when I played zoo. What the snag bar does, is to go to the feed page and get the FREE GIFTS that people post LINKS to It does NOT TAKE ANYTHING AWAY FROM YOUR INVENTORY. When stuff goes missing, in stashes or gifts, put the blame where it BELONGS........on ZYNGA

    ReplyDelete
  5. It sucks to be on the wrong side of history, no matter how you play your respective games! [-'CF'-]

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for your time and effort to find out what most can't be arsed to. Me included. :O)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Use it if you want and don't if you don't. All these bonus checkers are available to everyone and none of them work as designed.I had someone quit my mafia [lost friend ] because I was "cheating" and I was using the checker for another app.Oh well her loss .
    Michael Davenport

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is telling me what it DOESN"T do but it would be more informative/helpful to also state the benefits.

    ReplyDelete
  9. My intent is to dispel misinformation about the snag bar, not necessarily promote its uses.

    I suppose if you play the games that it snags for, you might find it useful, although I've found bonus checkers and other tools to be more efficient in collecting gifts.

    The one thing about the snag bar that I DO definitely like is the accept-all-gifts feature. It works similar to JGAG on the Facebook games request page.

    ReplyDelete