Mafia Wars from a Player's Perspective

Mafia Wars from a Player's Perspective

UnlockedMW for Mafia Wars is recommended by Mistyfied Mafia Wars.
Mafia Wars Toolbar


Search this Mafia Wars blog by typing your keywords below:

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Milestone promotions make false promises

ETA...Feature Contributor Mike Shay pointed out to me that you can only collect 5 mystery shipments a day, so this could very well be the cause of this. I'll have to pay closer attention next time, as I'm not entirely sure the account that accepted the bonus had even accepted any mystery shipments.  

It seems that you won't always get what you're told you will get when accepting these new promotion bonuses. I clicked this one for 5 Mystery Shipments and got... a burner? I'm pretty sure burners aren't contained in mystery shipments, and at any rate, I only got one.

This came up recently on our fanpage recently, too. Jimmy Valle reported getting a burner from a promotion post that he was supposed to get something else from. I wasn't able to duplicate the issue that day, so I assumed it was a random thing for Jimmy. Now I'm wondering though, if this only occurs on milestone promotions? The milestones being, every 5th level. You are prompted to select only certain friends to post a promotion reward on their wall, rather than posting to the news feed in that case.

<which, I think svks balls because the only people in the list are people who don't play and aren't going to play. and besides, I wanted to brag when I hit level 700, but I couldn't because of this 'feature'>

If anyone has input on this or has noticed something similar, comment here, or email me at mistyfiedmafiawars@gmail.com

I have collected other milestone promotion bonuses previously, but this is the first time I haven't gotten what I was supposed to get.



2 comments:

  1. What I have noticed is that when I click on a link for an older promotion bonus, I receive whatever the most recent promotion bonus is, assuming that older bonus has not been maxed out. For example, earlier in the day my friend's promotion bonus was a chain viper. Later in the day my friend earned another promotion bonus - 1 defense point. When I clicked on the link for the earlier bonus, I received 1 defense point. This has happened to me several times - I would be interested in knowing if anyone else has had the same experience.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the tip, Jean, I'll watch for that!

    ReplyDelete