Mafia Wars from a Player's Perspective

Mafia Wars from a Player's Perspective

UnlockedMW for Mafia Wars is recommended by Mistyfied Mafia Wars.
Mafia Wars Toolbar


Search this Mafia Wars blog by typing your keywords below:

Thursday, August 18, 2011

War Assist Timer Incorrect On Some Accounts


War Assist Timer Incorrect On Some Accounts

When the Warlord 2 and 3 achievements came out way back at the beginning of May I had issues with my timer being incorrect. It would say that I had already participated in my 5 wars for the day and give me a time when I could do one where I would get the helper rewards. I soon noticed that after waiting for however long was given that instead of being eligible for the helper rewards I was given the same message and a different amount of time to wait (usually longer). This happened over and over. I contacted Customer Support via chat twice about this and each time I was told that it was passed to the devs to address the issue.


During the second occurrence of this phenomenon I checked to see if I would get the rewards for helping despite the message, alas I did not.

Now it is August and I am getting this message again. I've seen posts in my feed by other bewildered players all questioning if they helped in more wars than they thought.

On the 15th I didn't help on any wars because I couldn't get into them fast enough as is usually the case. I was trying for hours. Finally at 2 am on the 16th I found one and got the message that I had already helped in 5 wars and that I had to wait for 10 minutes. I went to bed.


At 7pm on the 16th I found a war that wasn't over by the time it loaded and I saw the message yet again and this time it said I had to wait for 7 more minutes. I decided then that I needed something more than just screen shots of those messages.


I kept trying for three hours to get into a war that I could participate in. As soon as I found one I opened Mafia Wars in another tab to my profile and scrolled down to where my war assists number is. I made sure to hover my mouse over the time so that the date would show in my screen shots.

At 10:19 I was told I would not receive a helper reward again for 46:44.


My profile shows 973 War assists at the same time and date.


Almost an hour later at 11:14 I am told I have to wait for 50 more minutes.


Again I opened Mafia Wars in another tab and I am still showing 973 assists.


Over 24 hours later I still haven't helped in any wars, this time I made sure to not even click on a single post. I declared two wars and had one declared on me that I was fortunate Brad C. caught in time for me to be able to win. At 11:55 on the 17th to my surprise and growing frustration I have the message AGAIN and again with different time.


And look at that, my war assists are still showing 973 after over 24 hours. You can see that my wars won has increased by three though.



So why, if I haven't helped anybody am I getting this message? Why is this happening to only some and not others who haven't helped in 5 wars. Is this perhaps part of a greater issue that has been surrounding the War aspect of the game of late?



2 comments:

  1. I need to pay closer attention, but I'm pretty sure my war timer is messed up now too.

    Great post Rebecca

    ReplyDelete