Mafia Wars from a Player's Perspective

Mafia Wars from a Player's Perspective

UnlockedMW for Mafia Wars is recommended by Mistyfied Mafia Wars.
Mafia Wars Toolbar


Search this Mafia Wars blog by typing your keywords below:

Thursday, September 29, 2011

Pair of Pet Tigers and 60% off Reward Points

Today's free gift, as you probably already know, is the Pair of Pet Tigers. Again, Zynga doesn't tell you the attack or defense stats of the item because they'd much rather tell you that Reward Points are 60% off. I wouldn't get too excited about the Reward Points sale, if I were you. I'll elaborate.

I went digging in my inventory to find the Pair of Pet Tigers, and you can see it has an attack stat of 88 and a defense stat of 66. This makes it marginally better than the new class of loot that was recently made giftable.

But back to those Reward Points--why flush your money down the toilet? That's exactly what Zynga is doing to the game, and it seems obvious (to me at least) that they are simply trying to wring every last dollar they can from us before tossing us away.

They haven't started listening to us. They continually nerf the game. And the numbers don't lie about player response, but Zynga isn't listening to that, either. And why do you think that might be? I don't think Mafia Wars is going to see its 4th anniversary, frankly. Zynga has obviously decided Mafia Wars isn't worth sustaining, because they are doing absolutely nothing to sustain it and everything to drive players away.

As if you should need one more reason not to buy Reward Points, I suggest you read Jennifer's post about the sale. Or rather, read why she doesn't feel that she can buy more reward points at 60% thanks to a royal screwing by Zynga on a prior and rather significant purchase.

I used to spend smaller amounts of money on the game regularly. My "allowance money", if you will. I stopped for awhile because my husband lost his job. He's back to work now, but suffice it say it's become glaringly obvious what Zynga thinks about Mafia Wars. I won't be investing a single penny and I highly recommend you consider the same course.

No comments:

Post a Comment