Mafia Wars from a Player's Perspective

Mafia Wars from a Player's Perspective

UnlockedMW for Mafia Wars is recommended by Mistyfied Mafia Wars.
Mafia Wars Toolbar


Search this Mafia Wars blog by typing your keywords below:

Sunday, December 11, 2011

What would I change about Mafia Wars?


OK, I confess. I love Mafia Wars. I am crazy about it. Not a day goes by that I do not log in to facebook and do something Mafia Wars related. I even have someone who can take care of my account for me in the event that I will not be able to play. But the game has its flaws. I was recently asked to share five things that could be done that would make the game better. Sheesh, only five? LOL. Well, without being petty or trivial, I have come up with 5 things I would change about Mafia Wars right now.

Fewer events. LESS IS MORE!!! Mafia Wars is supposed to be a game, not a second fulltime job. There is so much to do all the time (Just look at the picture). Ice Seasons, Missions (event missions and city based missions), Gifting and Spam Events, Limited Time Property Upgrading, Secret Districts, 3x Mastery (thankfully i am done with all cities) – not to mention the normal stuff like building in properties, Family Goals, collecting from Brazil properties, family boss fights, so on and so on. Zynga said they had heard us…..seems like they need to check the batteries in the old hearing aid.

More giftable loot, parts, and consumables. As more and more loot is introduced in to the game, it would make sense that more loot should be made giftable. And I do not mean an occasional addition of 1 or 2 items. I mean BLOCKS of items. New fight loot is due out this week. Well how about lets make all the old fight loot giftable? Anything under 100, giftable. All the Italy property parts and consumables. Make them giftable. Even the Brazil property parts and consumables.

Allow players starting at level 1 to get the same loot from fighting and robbing as higher level players. I do not care what the reasons are for this. It is stupid and annoying.

Fix the bugs. An example. Zynga has “blessed” us with all these properties in New York, yet, at least for me, only the old properties count toward my family progress. So I either have to use reward points to craft from an old property twice or I have to be sure and be around 18 hours later and craft again. Geez, nevermind that I might be sleeping or at work or, you know, having a life somewhere away from a computer when the 18 hours is up. And save us all some headaches and test out new features and events more thoroughly before releasing them.

More capacity for the ZMC. The ZMC desperately needs to be modified to hold more than 100 gifts. Since they changes have been made to gift collecting from facebook, gifts that are not collected before your ZMC hits 100 are lost. I’d like to see the ZMC at least double its current capacity.

So there you have it. One man’s opinions. I’m sure there is a lot more I could have said, and PLEASE feel free to comment on this post and add your opinions. Perhaps the only thing I enjoy more than playing Mafia Wars is discussing it (Gawd I’m such a freaking nerd…). I love this game, perhaps too much. I would hate to see it go. Zynga needs to improve a lot of things, but most of all Zynga needs to learn to make the game profitable AND enjoyable while retaining its players. In the mean time I’ll keep plugging away!!! Happy hunting

6 comments:

  1. I know how you feel. I won't go to bed till i collect!! and annoying, when i know mafia members need parts that i can't send!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bravo! Very well put. I can't think of anything you didn't touch on! I log on every day to do my 'chores'. And some days it is 2 steps forward and 3 steps back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I see zynga message center limit was raised, but I do hope they make more loot giftable real soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well said event fatigue/it was like asecond fulltime job is a BIG part of my reason for basicly quiting i used to be one of the nuts that had to get home asap to build again and spent most of my awake time away fromwork on mw

    ReplyDelete
  5. icing season, secret district, 3x brazil mastery, new mission, family properties, family battles... plus the regular collecting gifts and resending + building.... games are suppose to be fun, its losing the fun part. Its losing the social interaction that we used to get from mocks, that no one has time for. I remember even having wall fights and attending them just to socialize and interact with new players.... no time for that anymore either.

    ReplyDelete