Mafia Wars from a Player's Perspective

Mafia Wars from a Player's Perspective

UnlockedMW for Mafia Wars is recommended by Mistyfied Mafia Wars.
Mafia Wars Toolbar


Search this Mafia Wars blog by typing your keywords below:

Friday, June 10, 2011

how to leave a Family

The ZMC icons for Family requests have been changed so as to be more recognizable, but it's still easy to accidentally click on them, especially if you're fast-clicking to clear gifts. As a result, many players are ending up in Families that they did not have any desire to actually join.

One of the more common questions I've been getting lately is "I didn't mean to join this family, how can I leave?"

Don't worry, it's actually very easy, although perhaps not obvious if you don't know what to look for.

 
In Mafia Wars, click on the My Mafia tab on the upper right of your Mafia Wars page. Then you will see the new Families tab; click that next.


 
Scroll down until you find yourself in the member list, and click the little red X.


 You'll be prompted to confirm the action.


You'll then get the message "You have left the family."

12 comments:

  1. Thank you for this clear tutorial :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have another problem along with that...it told me I could have a free name change but when I clicked...I was charged 15 RPs
    I didn't want to join...and DEFINITELY didn't want to spend 15 RPs...Any way to get my RPs back?

    ReplyDelete
  3. You should definitely try contacting customer support. Several players have told me that they were refunded RPs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanx dear for this Tutorial ..

    ReplyDelete
  5. says i'm in a family, but I'm not in any list to click the X to leave ... now what??? I have another family I want to join, but I'm unable to accept the request because mw keeps telling me I'm already in a family. I can't find this family to which I belong!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Anon ^ do you have a redtag in the game? If you do, and aren't a part of any Family that you can remove yourself from, you should probably contact customer support.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My screen doesn't look like the tutorial and I REALLY want to leave my family.
    My screen says My Family and when I click on that it gives me the options for Families, Recruit, My Mafia and Free Gifts.
    No where does it allow my to remove myself from a list. Help please!

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Meleecomics,
    When you click on the My Family tab, it should direct you to the Families page. On that page, look for four additional tabs:
    Activity
    Roster
    Perks
    and Battles

    You want to click on the Roster tab, and from there you should be able to locate and remove yourself from the Family's list of members.

    I will update this soon to reflect the changes to the Family tab.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The fam i am in has removed all red X so i can not remove myself. Eveven higher ups can not remove me. The GF of group has gone insane and i want out but i can not leave. HELP!

      Delete
  9. i have created a family......but now i want to delete the family...is that possible..if then how...i am not able to figure it out

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sam I'm not sure you can delete a Family--I would suggest contacting Customer Support to see what they have to say.

    ReplyDelete