Mafia Wars from a Player's Perspective

Mafia Wars from a Player's Perspective

UnlockedMW for Mafia Wars is recommended by Mistyfied Mafia Wars.
Mafia Wars Toolbar


Search this Mafia Wars blog by typing your keywords below:

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Familes: more on slow rollout, Family requests, and Family titles/positions

I've been looking at the new Families tab a bit more today.  Remember that this is a very limited roll-out right now. It was first released to a few players very late last night, including some members of PAC and a handful of clan/family heads/leaders. Today, Zynga is still working to get all of that group up and running, and understandably there have been some early issues that have held things up some. Known heads of families will likely be added first as the feature continues to roll out, to reduce any risk of "tag stealing".


This morning I found I had some requests waiting for me in my ZMC from my friends and admins to join my "clan". The term "Family" applies better to us, I think :)

 
I noticed here that the Family requests show the same as a Brazil crew request in your ZMC. I don't think I've seen any in my Facebook requests, so these requests may be just through the game. At any rate, make sure you pay attention to what you're clicking on.


There are three titles so far: Godfather/Godmother, Underboss, and Soldier. Only one person can be the Godmother or Godfather currently. It's been pointed out that many families have co-founders, or even a council of group leaders, so I hope to see Family positions be made more flexible in the near future. Underboss would be your group officers. If you try to promote someone to the position of Godfather and you already have that position, the game will advise you that doing so will cause you to step down and promote the selected Family member in your place.

1 comment:

  1. It'd be nice for them to get the gender of the leader right though eh? I mean, how hard can it be?

    ReplyDelete