Mafia Wars from a Player's Perspective

Mafia Wars from a Player's Perspective

UnlockedMW for Mafia Wars is recommended by Mistyfied Mafia Wars.
Mafia Wars Toolbar


Search this Mafia Wars blog by typing your keywords below:

Friday, July 1, 2011

What's in a Name?

The other day I was going through my collections to see what I could re-vault and what I had to give to others and it struck me at how many times in the game names or titles of things have been essentially recycled. It may be nitpicky but I really thought it was interesting to look at.

Mystery Bag Collections have been around for a while now. There are three different sub-types but essentially they are all still Mystery Bag Collections.


Then we have our Slot Machines. These two often become confused with each other in conversations. The Lucky Stash requires RP to play, but you can get at least four free spins on it in a 24 hour period. The Las Vegas Slots are found on a player's profile. You can spin 20 friends' slots per day and it is linked to an Achievement.

Do you remember when the last set of new Operations came out? Zynga, in their infinite wisdom, named one Take Out A Rival, funny enough there was already one by that name. This caused a lot of confusion when players were looking for the new one in the feeds.

Of course I can't forget to mention Secret Stashes. The new Secret Stashes are found when doing your first job, fight or rob after midnight. This replaces the two old Secret Stashes where one type was found doing jobs and the other while fighting. The old type of Stashes caused so much confusion that I have to say it is a relief that we have the new type despite how nauseating it is to have to try to get friends to fill slots so you can get the loot. I'm just surprised that I am still seeing some people with the old fight Stashes being posted to walls.

What I vote for as the most confusingly named parts of the game Boss Fights. I understand that a Boss Fight is a Boss Fight and there really isn't any way around naming it the same, but just look at all the different ones we have! I can see why Customer Support gets easily confused when they are flooded with issues surrounding them. You could easily be talking about a City Boss, or a Mission Boss and they are thinking you are talking about one of the Limited Time Bosses.

I have to say I do hope that the powers that be over at Zynga try a bit harder to come up with names that make it easier to differentiate from what has already been or currently is. I think that might help the players, the developers and the Customer Support agents.

No comments:

Post a Comment