Mafia Wars from a Player's Perspective

Mafia Wars from a Player's Perspective

UnlockedMW for Mafia Wars is recommended by Mistyfied Mafia Wars.
Mafia Wars Toolbar


Search this Mafia Wars blog by typing your keywords below:

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Mafia Wars Epic Family Boss Fight - Jeff The Knife

You now have a new Bosses tab, right between the Inventory and Marketplace.

Um, I'm not sure I like the sound of this. I really hated those stupid job heat meters that came with those mini city challenges, and a Boss Rage Meter and a Fatigue Meter sound even less to my liking. The more Rage a boss gains, the less damage they'll take from your group's attacks. The higher your Fatigue, the more Stamina you spend on each attack. Oh boy, so THIS is how they returned stamina boss fights to us? Ugh.

Moving on. Now we see this Jeff The Knife character. I'm imagining he was based on Jeff AKA Month, one of the Zyngons who works on these features and also comes on Mafia Wars Live quite often. If that's the case, I can find it in my heart to like Jeff The Knife a little bit :0)

Holy cow, look at that health meter!

It says "Defeat the boss to win these awesome prizes" -- does that mean each Family member earns all of these upon defeating the boss? Hmm.

Four grand prizes, all with nice phat stats.

Going into the boss fight, you'll need to choose your "role". I'm not sure I like having to make this decision without knowing what these roles entail.

Oh Hai! We did get clues, when we first saw this boss fight.

Bruisers do double damage, Arsonists help reduce Boss Rage, and Racketeers can reset your Fatigue Meter. I assume this is what benefit we will provide to our Family members.

Hover your mouse over the role titles, and you will also see the descriptions there.

I chose to be an Arsonist, and landed here. As you can see along the top of the Boss Fight pane, there are spots where you can ask for and activate Family members of a certain role to help you do your part in the boss fight. Those appear to operate in much the same way as Brazil crew does.

As per usual, there will be boss fight combos to find and keep track of.


When I clicked to ask for those positions to be filled, I'm not sure where exactly I asked to, but I guess I have to wait until more Family members join the fight.

You can join the fight from the Family Boss Fight banner on your Mafia Wars home page.

Once you join the fight, you'll see other family members who have joined the fight. Looks like Bill B. is kicking our butts!

You can ask for ammo via your news feed.

I'm off to explore some more!

1 comment:

  1. Hi family ,,, Can anyone tell me why I cannot join the boss fight ,, ?? eveytime I click fight I receive "choose your role" and then they not let me choose ,,!!! seems like i am blockd to choose

    ReplyDelete