Mafia Wars from a Player's Perspective

Mafia Wars from a Player's Perspective

UnlockedMW for Mafia Wars is recommended by Mistyfied Mafia Wars.
Mafia Wars Toolbar


Search this Mafia Wars blog by typing your keywords below:

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Space Crates - Liftoff to the Rare Achievement


I was thinking about the topic of Loot Scarcity this morning after reading the thoughts Michael Needham left on our fan page about the items in in the Common row of the Space Crate contents description were all labeled as Uncommon when you look at the item details.


Hmmm... so I went over to the Stuffed Crate content description... sure... you can get consumables and boosts... but you only get 1 item... and that is all I was interested in.


Double hmmm... same items... but equal odds? To get the Crate Achievement you need to snag a Rare item... not Superior... so my logic was that by taking those 2 "better" items out of the mix I would have "better" odds... close to 50:50 of getting something Rare?

So I sucked it up and clicked the 3 crates for 35 RP option... after all... I leveled more than 25 times in the last week... so this is "costing" me < 2 weeks of game play to get this off the list...

Close eyes... line up mouse... woops wrong order...

Open eyes... inhale... click...


w00t !!! 9 achievements left... all of the items are Defense heavy... which is my weak side!

Sooo did I get it from the item scarcity overall... or in that type of crate... dunno... anyone else get this achievement from these crates?

Sure... they will be giftable garbage in 3 months... but the achievement is finished forever :-)!

1 comment:

  1. i just now purchased the space crates... !!
    and voila... !!

    i got the information... !!

    thanks a lot... for sharing... !!

    ReplyDelete