Mafia Wars from a Player's Perspective

Mafia Wars from a Player's Perspective

UnlockedMW for Mafia Wars is recommended by Mistyfied Mafia Wars.
Mafia Wars Toolbar


Search this Mafia Wars blog by typing your keywords below:

Friday, July 29, 2011

Mind Your Loot - Bangkok Boost Rat

All I was trying to do was burn off some energy gathering the "Iron and Silk" item being offered for Jobs and Fights as part of the Bangkok shut down.

I have mastered all of the cities... every last job... even AC Zero! I didn't think that was a problem... until I saw this...


No 5x the Baht... or the XP... or anything... just the slow sucking sound of all my 2x Mastery Boosts being tossed out a window...

I was going to head to sleep... I wasn't going to worry about it... but it nagged at me... Misty found other people with problems so I was off to the races with another round of Customer Service Chat Roulette.

Well it seems that the barrels were loaded and the ball jumped the fence... rolled past a craps table... and into the poker room.... choose your Roulette metaphor... gun or game... both apply!

Passing over repeating my attempt to explain what was wrong... chatting with the agent about the "Empire and Allies Fever" that has taken over their office... 20+ minutes to get to the "fix":

Agent T.: Actually Nancy, please tell me. Do you get 10x loot instead of 2x? I mean, right now there is a 5x loot in Bangkok.

Nancy: I was not getting any multiplier on loot. I can send you a screen shot... all I was showing was my 2x mastery being used up

Agent T.: Ok! Done! I completed Task: 4 - Collect from your Ammo Trading Camp 2 times. Also, awarded 30 2X Mastery Boost. Please let me know if you got that.

Nancy: ??? I didn't have any problem with the mission.

Agent T.: I completed it for you as a compensation for what you've been going through.
& that was it... no explanation... no developers are working on it... no indication that this was a known issue... I could have pushed... but it's after midnight my time...

I am still in a bit of a shock about my Mission being finished... all I had to do was collect from Trading Camp tomorrow afternoon... nothing difficult... days and days and days to forget... remember... panic... then collect...


So no farming in Bangkok for me... no jobs to complete... just some icing and waiting for the State Farm blimp to take me away!

Have you noticed any problems while in Bangkok this week? Did you get your mission finished for you?

No comments:

Post a Comment