Mafia Wars from a Player's Perspective

Mafia Wars from a Player's Perspective

UnlockedMW for Mafia Wars is recommended by Mistyfied Mafia Wars.
Mafia Wars Toolbar


Search this Mafia Wars blog by typing your keywords below:

Thursday, July 28, 2011

WAR LOOT ROLLBACKS ANNOUNCED


You may have heard about a little workaround or glitch that allowed some players to receive unlimited loot from helping in wars. You might have also heard about a little script called the Scrubber. There's been a bit of cheatermania going around. Mania or not, though, a lot of players are really upset about this issue and Zynga should be doing something about it. 

My personal viewpoint on the matter? I don't really give a fig newton about someone maxxing out on war loot. I'm a follower of the skill point, and I don't usually go out of my way for loot items. I sure as hell don't waste time trying to figure out and getting upset about who's cheating. As paranoia among my friends grew about war loot exploiters, the subject frankly became a pain in the ass. I wish Zynga would hurry up and fix it so people would stop their bitching and get back to their games. Believe me, I have given Zynga an earful on the subject.




I found out last week this was in the pipeline, but I've started to wonder what's taking Zynga so long to fix this issue. Finally, last night on Mafia Wars Live, they announced that "there's going to be some adjustments to some accounts" in addition to changes to prevent this exploit. Mike Nestor singled out the exact clip of video from the broadcast in which this is addressed. It's quite short, so you can hear it for yourself. Credz to Nestorface and the Loot Lady blog for this clip.

Here's what Nate said:
"Declare War, there's been some issues with that, and some exploiting going on. Shame on you guys, shame. We're going to be rolling out some changes to that and rolling out some changes to prevent the exploits from happening. There's going to be some adjustments to some accounts to bring it back to a fair, level playing field. There will be more information on that, it's something that is very needed. We wanted to make sure we had an understanding of what's going on and be able to focus to make the right changes happen to the right people"
I know a lot of people are worried about getting wrongfully caught in this rollback sweep, but I think you guys will probably be ok. The last part of what Nate says is about making the right changes to the right people. 

No comments:

Post a Comment