Mafia Wars from a Player's Perspective

Mafia Wars from a Player's Perspective

UnlockedMW for Mafia Wars is recommended by Mistyfied Mafia Wars.
Mafia Wars Toolbar


Search this Mafia Wars blog by typing your keywords below:

Monday, July 18, 2011

Tournament Score 2 to 1



Well that wasn't fun!


I put my Jobbing and Robbing without Sniper Shots plan to the test and lost... so now my record is not perfect... but 8 reward points gained, 5 lessons learned, and some great Queso later...


I made it 8 levels... it took every bit of the 8 hours... including about a half hour dinner break. I may have come up against a collection limit... or just another bug... hard to know!



Here is the level by level break down of how I did.


Level

Bats
(~3500S)

Knives
(~3900E)

Shots

Raven Damage

Raven Health

Time Left

Ruby Loot

1

5

5

10

19820

35180

7:10

Inventory

2

6

14

2369

32811

0 - Rocina

3

6

12

----

----

0 - Centro

4

7

20

4924

27887

5:10

2- Belem

5

9

6

----

----

3:44

1 - Hilio

6

6

8

2917

24970

2:07

1 - Manus

7

5

0

Inv.

0:37

1 - Manus

8

3

0

4

Inv.

0 - ALL


Finding The Raven

It took 20 ices to find the bastard... that was the easy part. For all my planning and pondering I didn't have enough energy or stamina to level once I found him... DOH!!! That will teach me to play "just a little" the night before... and if this achievement actually gets me to play less... that's a win right there!

I went straight to the battle and used everything that was in my inventory... I only had a couple of Sniper Shots left after my 2nd battle... I must have clicked purchase a second time? without realizing it? So I started out like gang busters and blew the Job and Rob purity... but it makes for a great comparison in damage amounts!

Fighting The Raven

I only robbed in Brazil mostly using a Spocklet... and then I jobbed in a different level each time to see what I could see when looking or Ruby loot.

I slogged around more than usual since I blew most of the small ways to level before I even found The Raven. This made some full refills mostly wasted... and me spending waayyy too much time opening bags of all sorts of colors.

Then after the 6th level I hit a brick wall... I totally maxed the gift accept looking for anything that would help... I nickle and dimed my way down to needing a little more than 2,000 xp to reach the next level and over an hour to burn until the 8 hour timer expired on all the items I used / squandered / mismanaged on that first level looking for the Raven!! That was painful!

But once I hit those restarts... I had all sorts of ways to make progress in Brazil... the tool bar bonus to snag again... and my gifting limit was over and I could search for bags to open again...

Then I was running fast and hoping for 2 more levels out of the deal... and

BAM

No knives??? Anywhere??? at all??? What the heckle am I supposed to do now!

It was just after midnight and 4 sniper shots showed up? I didn't fight at all... anywhere! But now all I could find were bats? Is 60 the limit? Really?

So it's the bottom of the 10th inning... my beloved Red Sox can not win for anything... but they have some awesome scrappy defensive plays... I leave the game dejected and hope that the baseball ends the day on a good note... who knew it would be a 16 inning note... but at least someone won today!

Lessons Learned

Here are the things that I learned this time around:


Lesson #1

Don't play the night before! I didn't have enough energy or stamina to make the next level... talk about starting in a HOLE...


Lesson #2

Use your Brazil crew or property collection you need before you find the Raven... they have 8 hour timers... so you will get to use them again JUST as time is expiring.


Lesson #3

Don't use your Energy Pack unless you have a chance of needing more help leveling and will use the bonus amount or are close enough to leveling to have the bonus carry over... I did neither.


Lesson #4

Don't go into the fight with then than max consumables. If that means actually fighting The Raven only every 6 days... ok.


Lesson #5

Try and time the battle to cross over midnight.



Next time:


* Track the numbers of knives found / max reached.

*See if there is another mysterios gift of Sniper shots at midnight.

*Run a traveling fight fest in all cities :-)!


I am trying to find the silver lining in all of this... yes it's just 1 skill point... I'm a completer by nature... not worried about the benefit just the enjoyment of the game play along the way.


Not thrilled to have "wasted" 8 hours... but it was a wicked muggy day at home... alone... watching sports on TV anyway... until the last half hour it was a nice quiet distraction... I have 8 bats and 4 shots for the next round Thursday morning... and the Sox won.


What have you learned the more times you have faced the Raven?


Do you have questions you are trying to still figure out?



No comments:

Post a Comment